Friday, December 22, 2017

Laduree Malaysia, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

It was at the height of the macaron craze, when we had our first taste of the world-renowned Laduree macarons in Paris. We fell in love with both the salted caramel and rose flavour, and have been lusting after them ever since.

Fast forward to four years later, Laduree has finally arrived in Malaysia. They recently opened their doors at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, bringing sweet treats and delicious desserts to our shores.



Such a pretty shop! 


Earlier this week, Hubby and I visited Laduree to mark the start of his birthday month. From the pastries selection, we chose the Vanilla Millefeuille (RM25) as well as three macarons (RM12 each).



The Vanilla Mille Feuille may not be the prettiest dessert in store, but it was certainly delicious. Layers of luscious cream, flavoured with Madagascan vanilla sandwiched between crisp, light layers of cream puff pastry. We loved it, as it reminded us of our favorite custard slice in the UK.



For the macarons, there are more than 10 flavours to choose from, priced at RM12 each or RM18 for the premium ones (eg. gold chocolate). The macarons are air-flown from Paris.



One of the wait staff told us that they had salted caramel flavour, so we went for two of those and one rose petal. However, when I took my first bite of my "salted caramel", all I could taste was caramel and no salt. I was so disappointed :(

Later, I found out that they only have caramel flavour in store and not salted caramel. Thankfully, the rose petal was very good and made up for it. The textures of the macarons were as good as I remembered it, crisp and airy.










Opening times: 10am to 10pm daily.

Price: Total bill RM61.

Location: Laduree Malaysia, Lot 3.32, Level 3, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang,55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03- 2110 3747





If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could go there to try. Heard that the ones here are good, no as sweet as the original ones in France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arthur. The macarons sold in Pavilion KL are air-flown in from Paris.

      Delete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...