Sunday, May 13, 2012

Japan Combo II @ Snowflake Taiwanese Dessert, Pavilion KL

I've never really caught on to the Taiwanese bubble tea (Chatime/Gong Cha etc) or desserts hype. However, after a satisfying hot ramen lunch in Pavilion KL, we walked past Snowflake and finally gave in to this Taiwanese dessert.

Been there, done that...

Japan Combo II (RM6.90)


Snowflake is very popular in KL, it has over 8 branches in/around KL now. All ingredients in the dessert are natural and handmade with no artificial flavourings and preservatives, i.e. the grass jelly, soya bean milk, taroballs and bean toppings.

We ordered the Japan Combo II (RM6.90) from their Memorable Series, which was made up of soya ice, ocha balls, red bean and baby pearl. As soon as we placed our order, we were given one of this "beeping UFO".  Basically, it will vibrate when your order is ready and you can collect your dessert at the collection counter. We barely sat down and our UFO vibrated already - talk about efficiency. LOL.


I liked all the toppings, especially the ocha taroballs and black pearl, both with a nice chewy texture. The soya ice however was not sweet enough for me, apparently one can request for the creamer - will have to do that if I ever order this again.



And just before I embarked on my first Snowflake experience, I had this..... yes, it's none other than my favorite ramen, Hokkaido Santouka Ramen (see previous post here and here). I feel that their cha siu has improved during this visit. And the flavoured egg is the bomb (noone in KL does it as nice)!

Shio ramen (ordered medium portion this time since I was greedy!)


Nice cha siu

Flavoured egg (RM2)


Full set of photos available to view here.

Opening times: 10.00am to 10.00pm daily.

Service: Good.

Location: Snowflake, Lot P.4.01.00, Level 4, Pavilion KL, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur. (near Padini Concept Store)

Website: http://www.snowflake.com.my

36 comments:

  1. i'm still a snowflake virgin! the next time i'm strolling at pavilion, i should just drag myself here and finally try it once and for all. i can't help wishing that someone would introduce a booze-laced taiwanese dessert though. can easily infuse the ice with kahlua, heheh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also a Snowflake virgin until this experience. Am still a Chatime virgin though! How about you?

      Delete
    2. i've probably had chatime a couple of times, but i think i haven't tried gong cha (even though there's one at klcc that i walk past at least once a week!). i'm just glad i'm not a chatime addict, actually, heh :D

      Delete
    3. You know they've opened up a Ochado near your place, Sri Petaling. I have never tried it before but am tempted to go since they also serve mille crepe.

      Delete
    4. Hey...remember to try the Tea Latte series in Chatime and the Okinawa series in Ochado? :)

      From the above, u can guess tat I am not a Chatime and Ochado virgin. However, I am definitely a Snowflake virgin...hehe :P

      Delete
    5. Okinawa... ok will remember to try this later!

      Delete
  2. Hey...where's d Tori Karaage? Same as d komi tamago lar...the best tori karaage in KL :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha always forget to order la.. next time I go with Hubby I'll ask him to remind me LOL

      Delete
  3. All looks pretty tasty. My list of places to eat just keeps getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite ramen place.. u gotta try it.

      Delete
  4. Happy Mother Day 2012~ have a nice day ~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beeper always makes me smile cos it's always so sudden and loud. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my daughter would play with it as she would a toy. ;P

      Delete
  6. Mmmm...time to try the tori karaage at Santouka, like ulric recommended. I have to eat the large bowl la...medium is wayyyy too small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya...go n try the tori karaage...comes with an awesome dip made from mayo, egg white, egg yolk, zuchini and possibly daikon =)

      Delete
    2. Oops...sorry...zucchini...4 sizable pieces for RM10...dirt cheap =)

      Delete
    3. RM10 is considered dirt cheap ah... haha *rich man ulric*

      Delete
    4. Ahemmm...compared to RM20+ for a bowl of ramen...hehe :P

      Delete
    5. But Sanuki does 3 pc karaage for RM3 only wor :P

      Delete
    6. Ah...another fav of mine...Sanuki does some mean tori karaage, kakiage, n yakitori :)

      Trust me...Santouka's are bigger n much juicier with an awesome dip...RM10 bucks worth...hehe =)

      Delete
    7. How come I've never seen you at Sanuki before? I go there so often.

      Delete
    8. Bcose I din go to their Taman Desa branch :P

      I normally visit their branch in Jaya One (Marufuku Udon) and previously their small branch in Wisma Cosway (which sadly has closed down due to a lack of staff).

      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150364071943171.362878.671183170&type=3

      I heart their Cold House Udon and their Salada Udon (not available in Taman Desa I think) =)

      Delete
    9. Ah ok.. no wonder la! I only go to their Taman Desa Branch, almost once every week.

      Delete
    10. Do they have the Salada Udon there? If yes, I might visit their Taman Desa branch more frequently...hehe :)

      Delete
  7. Snowflake is still my favorite. Same goes to Hokkaido Santouka Ramen. Hehe... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi-5!! I want to go try the Menya Musashi in 1u soon!

      Delete
  8. I can't believe u never try Snowflake before as you are such a foodie that eat everywhere, everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really into Taiwanese desserts... I prefer western desserts like cake. Tried Ochado for first time today also.

      Delete
  9. I love snowflake and chatime but I don't fancy Gong Cha and Ochado =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have never tried Chatime, but tried Ochado for the first time today.

      Delete
  10. Yen, this type of desserts have also made an established name in Sydney now! Just in 1 suburb(my parents-in-law's suburb), there are 2 different Taiwanese shops, selling the same type of desserts! We tried both shops when they first opened last year! The taro ball's texture is very similar to one of the main ingredients that we used in making the "bo bo cha cha!"

    And I just love love love the Japanese version of salty egg in your posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind trying these desserts but I think I still prefer to eat Western desserts such as cakes and macarons.

      There are quite many new ramen places in KL now, there are a few which I want to go try soon in 1Utama shopping mall. Hope they also do a great flavoured egg there.

      Delete
  11. you went for icy stuff before meal? lol anyway santouka is good, i love their original ramen :)

    Latest: Spiciest Thai Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we had ramen first, then only Snowflake. But put the Snowflake pic first since it's the focus of this blog ;)

      Delete
  12. the egg looks absolutely fantastic, and as for snowflakes and those dessert places, I think the fad is slowly wearing off a bit, kinda like those fancy donuts, and bubble tea will soon follow the same footsteps I think.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...