Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pearl milk tea @ Ochado, Sri Petaling, KL

There's bubbles in my tea..bubbles in my tea..



No longer a bubble tea virgin...



For the uninitiated, bubble tea or pearl milk tea is a tea drink that originated from Taichung, Taiwan in the 1980s. I remember it being popular when I was in my teens, and in the last year we have seen a popularity resurgence. Ochado is a brand originating from Japan.

Ochado opened its doors in Sri Petaling on 12 May. For 1 week only, they are running a Buy 1 Free 1 promotion, whereby you can choose any drinks from the menu and get a free drink from a list of 3 drinks. After a satisfying spicy chilli pan mee lunch at Super Kitchen, we walked over to have some milk tea at Ochado.

The ambiance at the Sri Petaling outlet was quite nice and at the back of the store, there is a clothes boutique too. Unfortunately no complimentary wifi here or else it's a great place to enjoy the milk tea and chill. :(




I had the Okinawa Milk Tea (RM4.90 for regular plus RM1 for pearls) while Hubby had the Ochado's Milk Tea (RM4.90 for regular plus RM1 for pearls). Here at Ochado, you can choose the sugar level of your drinks - from 0% to 100% - I chose 100% since I like my tea sweet and it was just nice for me. Out of the two, I prefer the Okinawa Milk tea cos it tastes milkier, whereas Ochado Milk Tea has a hint of bitterness. The pearls are quite nice and addictive to chew on. Personally, I found it a little too diluted towards the end, so I threw away at least 1/4 cup.

We also ordered a slice of vanilla mille crepe (RM9.90) to share. Not the best we've had, but it was nonetheless delicious. Towards the end, we were fighting for the last mouthful LOL.



Vanilla mille crepe

Ochado is invading KL - earlier this week they opened an outlet at SS2 and they will also be opening in MidValley (North Court- 1st Floor) on 20th May. They also have outlets in Tokyo Street (Pavilion KL), Setapak, Sunway Pyramid, Kota Damansara and Puchong. Full addresses here.



Our lunch at Super Kitchen chilli pan mee.  You can read our review here. 


Sunrise earlier that day


A new addition to our orchid collection



Dusk


Join their Facebook page for latest updates and promos.

Full set of photos available to view here. 

Location: Ochado, 103, Jalan Radin Bagus, Bandar Baru Sri Petaling, 57000 KL, Malaysia. (next to 7-11)

GPS Coordinates: 3.06997, 101.692007

21 comments:

  1. No WiFi! Wat blasphemy! :P

    Always order with less ice lar...tat way u can enjoy d full aroma of the milk tea :D

    I tot u can't change the sugar level for the Okinawa Milk Tea =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First timer, didnt know can order with less ice ;P

    The girl at the counter asked me how much sugar I want, so I just answer. Me blur blur only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you like orchids too? so do my parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :) We have many different kinds in our house.

      Delete
  4. Never seen this shop here, we always like Chatime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite new, I think they are slowly expanding throughout KL/Selangor.

      Delete
  5. So what did hubby think of the bubble tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was OK, for me the pearls were the highlight. I'm definitely NOT addicted lol I'd much rather have cendol than bubble tea.

      Delete
    2. Ahem...their Pearls are the weakest among the rest of the bubble tea shops :X

      Delete
    3. Haha haven't tried the others yet ma! So which is the best?

      Delete
    4. So far it's Chatime or Gong Cha...can't decide between the two...mind u there's other bubble tea shops tat I have not tried yet =)

      Delete
  6. wow, i wonder what bubble tea with zero percent sugar might taste like! maybe i'd try ordering zero percent ... a good way to cut down on my sugar consumption, heh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you don't usually like tea without sugar, chances are u won't like it!

      Delete
    2. He actually had a 50% sugar TieGuanYin Tea Latte from Chatime...hehe :P

      Delete
    3. Eh eh eh.. Sean no longer a Chatime virgin too ;p

      Delete
  7. You hubby looks very serious with his bubble tea. hehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selling mille crepe definitely a plus point for them if compare with others brand of bubble tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I went here also to try their mille crepe.

      Delete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...