Saturday, May 19, 2012

Are you a noodle addict?

Are you a noodle addict / lover?

I love noodles. I really do. I could eat noodles everyday of the week. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian, you name it.. I love them all. Some days, I could even eat noodles for 2 meals a day - meehoon goreng in the morning, followed by pan mee in the afternoon. If I ate them for the whole week, would I get bored of them? Nahhhh. 

Here's a peek into the life of a noodle addict for a week:

Sunday:
During our 7-course Mother's Day celebration lunch at Toh Lee, Intercontinental Hotel KL (will be blogged soon), we tucked into a bowl of delicious longevity noodles with braised shredded chicken and crab stick. Btw, did I mention that Baby D loves noodles too? 

Longevity noodles with braised shredded chicken and crab stick



Monday:
Nothing beats a bowl of chilli pan mee to keep the Monday blues away. Click here to read more about Super Kitchen Chilli Pan Mee.



Tuesday:
We called Sage to make a reservation for lunch, only to be told that the restaurant was closed for private function. :( To cheer me up, Hubby took me for char koay teow at my favorite stall.  Extra spicy, extra cockles, with lots and lots of wok hei... sometimes the simplest things are best.



Wednesday:
We secured a table in Sage afterall, and for my appetizer, I had the cold buckwheat nooles with tuna chutoro, flying fish roe and togarashi pepper. Part of the 3-course RM100 set lunch.



Thursday:
I love udon. I love Sanuki Udon. I love Sanuki Udon's house special udon. Delicious noodles topped with a soft boiled egg. Click here to read more about Sanuki Udon.

House special (RM5)

Mix it up and you're good to go


Hubby tried the curry udon (RM7) for a change

"Noodles make me smile"... or is it "I make noodles smile"?


Karaage (RM3 for 3 pcs) and kakiage (RM2)


Friday:
The perfect remedy for a hot hot day is cold soba. Mix the seaweed, spring onions, wasabi and quail's egg into the cold tsuyu and eat to your heart's delight.

Cha Soba from Kita No Zen (RM18)



Dip and eat!


Saturday:
Visited Jusco Mahkota Cheras in the evening today, and one of the worthwhile restaurants to visit to satisfy my noodle cravings is Ichiban Ramen. I had the Kimuchi Spicy Ramen (RM15) today. Though not the best ramen in town, it was lovely and hit the spot - spicy broth and the kimchi was tart and delicious. Baby D shared the beef ramen with his daddy.


Slurp it... that's my boy..

 Drink up papa


Drink up baby


And here's a nice video of my little ramen champion.. ;)


So, are you a noodle addict / lover / ok-only la / don't like noodles kind of person?

38 comments:

  1. I like Wednesday, Thursday n Friday the mostest =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me to choose a favourite.. I like them all!! Life would be meaningless without noodles LOL

      Delete
    2. I dun mind having noodles everyday for lunch...just different varieties =)

      Delete
    3. We're in lucky in KL got sooooooo many types of different noodles. Can eat a different type for a month.

      Delete
  2. wah... you really loved noodles so much! and I love how the little one also loved his noodles... ;)

    My favorite noodle is still ramen! Sanuki Udon is still on my list to try..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't get to Sanuki, then can try Marufuku Udon in Jaya One also, own by the same people. I need to eat udon every week, love it so much!

      Delete
  3. my hubby has the exact same t with ur hubby :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha what a coincidence! Does Sam like to eat noodles?

      Delete
    2. Yes, especially the Hokkien mee!

      Delete
  4. Big lover of all sorts of noodles too! Haha nice vid of the champion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what I'm having for lunch today? Curry meeeeee! ;)

      Delete
  5. Hahaha I love noodles too!! Can eat it 3x a day as well! Any kind of noodles! Except maybe yellow noodles. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I think I also can eat 3x a day but my Hubby cannot, so need to be considerate and eat 1x a day only ;P

      Delete
  6. i can never eat noodles everyday!!! you must really love noodles a lot! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we do go for variety, different type of noodle everyday so it's okay for us. Same like ppl who have to eat rice everyday!

      Delete
  7. I think Japanese noodles are my favourite type as I love Udon and Soba. I like the wholegrain organic ones that you can find in health shops these days too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japanese noodles are also one of my favourites, I love udon, soba and ramen.

      Delete
  8. I love Pan Mee the most, continuous 3 days PanMee... Y^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also try before eat pan mee 2 days in a row.. but third day Hubby say have to change and eat something different liao ;P

      Delete
  9. Dear Baby Sumo,

    That plate of CKT from Taman Lensen looks pretty awesome. The one I always go to whenever I'm im KL is the corner shop at Jalan Imbi that also sells the famous pork balls noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After trying several places in KL, we love the one here best. Cooked to our taste!

      Delete
  10. just. gimme a high five... ;DDDDDD noodle freak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seem you everyday eat out only, your family really love noodles a lot. By the way , I love Thursday noodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually we will eat out for lunch as I am too lazy to cook. ;P And noodles is fast and easy!

      Delete
  12. gosh, you had more noodles in one week than i usually have in a month! my most recent noodles-ish dish was pad thai, which i generally love, though my first love and my true love is char kuey teow :D
    baby d is such a natural with the camera. he seems totally unself-conscious and relaxed and at ease, despite being filmed, heh. but i guess it's mainly us adults who become self-conscious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why this comment got sent to spam! :(

      Delete
  13. You sound like my children, hahaha! Yes, me too, can never get sick of eating noodles! I like cha soba very much & it's the best to have in summer & a bowl of hot ramen in winter! Your son is really a champion, so independent & he doesn't mind at all with the saltiness of ramen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the ramen soup in KL is not too salty, they tone down on the salt as Malaysians love to drink their soup. Yea, seeing him enjoy and feed himself ramen make me a proud mama ;)

      Delete
  14. I love noodles too, but I don't think I can have it everday, every other day maybe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe do you eat rice everyday? ;) Or is there something you need to have everyday?

      Delete
  15. Gosh, you had more noodles this week than I had this entire month! My first love and true love as far as noodles are concerned is char kuey teow :D
    Baby D seems very natural and unself-conscious in front of the camera! Guess he's used to being photographed and videotaped =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had noodles again today and I think I'll have noodles again tomorrow for lunch. The beautiful of Malaysia is you can get such a vast variety of noodles.. so we'll never get bored. I dont think I could eat pasta EVERYDAY.

      He didn't know I was filming him, so he happily ate his food like normal. He does love watching himself back on video though, he grinned like a Cheshire cat when he saw himself slurping the ramen.

      Delete
  16. I love noodles too! I love cold Inaniwa Noodles, pan mee, yee mee.. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Seems like all our children also love noodles.

      Delete
  18. Oh man I could really go for some soba!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...