Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sage Restaurant, The Gardens

Sage has to be the BEST restaurant I've dined in in Kuala Lumpur. The food is amazing, it tastes really good and looks so pretty on the plate. I was so happy after my meal there today.

We turned up at the restaurant without any reservations but luckily they were able to accommodate us. They took our order while we were seated at the lounge, so food service was prompt, 10 minutes after we were seated at our table. I had a good view of the open- concept kitchen, whereby some kitchen action was observed.

The entrance
Lounge

Open kitchen


A complimentary lemonade drink was served - refreshing and a good palate cleanser. Warm bread was served with a concoction of basil and olive oil. The set lunch consists of 3 courses, and there will be 2 options for each course. I felt that the menu selections were very good and definitely sounded more 'fine dining' than the menu at Third Floor Restaurant.

Virgin Margarita


For appetiser, Hubby had the Mousseline of Scallop with King Prawn and Lily Bulb. The scallops were delicately cooked with a velvety texture. The sauce was very similar to the lobster bisque I had at Third Floor Restaurant (or maybe it was the same thing!). The mousseline was smooth and creamy. Heaven on a plate.



My appetiser was a Warm Salad of Quail with Foie Gras and Asian Green. For a person who isn't really a big fan of foie gras, I felt it was seared very nicely and went well with the vinaigrette and salad leaves. The quail was cooked nicely and as a whole, the dish was put together very nicely. 1 down, 2 to go. I wanted more as soon as I finished my appetiser. Yum.

Hubby's main course was Pan Fried Red Star Garoupa with Aubergine, Red Wine Reduction. Hubby was delighted - a generous serving of garoupa which was perfectly cooked.

For main course, I had the Grilled Angus Beef with Sauteed Mushrooms and Tarragon Butter. I ordered my beef medium and 2 beautifully cooked strips of meat arrived on a plate, accompanied with a delicious sauce and nicely sauteed mushrooms.

We both ordered the Mille-Feuille of Strawberry with Vanilla Ice-Cream and Lime Zest as the other dessert did not really appeal to us (not a big fan of cheese). Excellent choice! The pastry was light with layers of delicious strawberries. Very lovely vanilla ice-cream as well, I could still taste (and smell) the vanilla pods. Coffee or tea is served with dessert.


I would certainly like to return and dine at Sage again sometime soon.


Comfort: Classy decor.

Service: Excellent.

Price: Set lunch is priced at RM100 nett, set dinner (appetiser, main course and dessert) at RM140 nett and gourmet dinner (same as the set dinner plus a chef's special of the day) at RM160 nett. Selections from a la carte. Lunch menu changed weekly whereas dinner menu changed every 3 months.

Food: The best I've had in KL! Fine dining... yippee!

Location: Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Gardens Residences, Level 6, The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur. (Tel:03-22681328)

Opening hours: Lunch:Monday to Friday 12.00pm to 2.00pm; Dinner:Monday to Saturday 6.00pm to 10.30pm. Closed on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...